Friday, July 07, 2006

Hot Air

This post is totally unrelated to photography, but it is cool so I wanted to share. On 4th of July morning Tim and I got up at o' dark thirty and took a hot air balloon ride! This is a big deal for me because well.... I'm not a big risk taker! However, I am glad to report that I loved it and I wasn't scared at all! We set off from Rag Apple Lassie Vineyards in Yadkin County and the morning turned out to be beautiful. I just want to say a special thanks to Tony & Claire of Yadkin Valley Balloon Adventures, Capt Jack of Avian Adventures, Shawn, EJ, and all the other crew members for a safe landing and such an awesome experience! This was way better than any other flying I've done! Check out the pics below.

Oooh- wouldn't a hot air balloon ride make a great getaway vehicle for the bride & groom?? That would be so cool!!


These things are huge!



Are you ready for this?



That's hot!



Almost ready!



My parents & Tony



And we're off!





Tim is a little freaked out!





Ok...it was early, but I'm lovin it!



Picture perfect landing




We landed in this farmer's field at 7:30 in the morning. He said he looked out the
window and thought it might have been the end of time!

No comments: